With Coffee so popular around the globe there are so many related sites. Here’s a list of my favorite resources. Hope you enjoy…
Newsgroups and Forums
- CoffeeGeek Forums: Only a few years old, but closing fast.
Home Roasting and Green Coffee
- Sweet Maria’s: Almost like a Free University of home roasting.
- Coffee Bean Corral: Hawaiian site that sells beans online.
- Coffee Wholesalers: Chuck is a roaster who sells some of his stock green, and neat gizmos for home roasters.
- Coffee Project: James sells mainly to café roasters, but also available to home roasters.
- Green Coffee Coop: Lots of coffee, at coop prices.
- Cate’s Green Coffee: A relatively large and diverse selection of green beans for home roasters.
- LavaRock Farm: Lavarock Farm in Captain Cook on the big island of Hawaii, produces 100% pure Kona Coffee, roasted and green.
- Cafe Maria: Highly regarded Chicago area craft roaster.
- Treasures Coffee & Tea Company AKA Jateg Coffee Roasters: A family-owned Sun Valley, California microroaster with 50 years of roasting experience.
- Coffee Bean Direct: A central New Jersey roaster priding themselves on roasting their coffee just prior to shipment.
- Hacienda San Pedro: A coffee plantation in Central Puerto Rico selling high quality Arabica, both roasted and green beans, internationally. Supplier to Yauco Selecto.
- Santa Maria Family Estate/AMA CAFE: A coffee plantation established in 1870 in El Salvador growing high quality Bourbon Arabica beans.
- Stanton Coffee Roasters: Four racing championships, an Indy 500 win and award winning coffees from their “Racing Roaster”; Stanton Coffee has been revving up your day since 1999.
- PT’s Coffee Company: A quality-oriented roaster specializing in sourcing high quality coffees and promoting sustainability within the coffee industry.
- Flamenco Organic: A microroaster of exclusively Fair Trade organic coffees.
- Bolaven Farms: A Laotian farm working in conjuntion with the government to train and empower subsistence farmers to grow coffee so that thay can improve their lives.
- Juan Tama Coffee: Juan Tama is a Colombian association of around 1,800 indigenous and afro-indian farmers in Cauca. It produces certified organic coffees which it sells roasted and green.
- Doi Chaang Coffee: A coffee plantation in Northern Thailand growing Arabica beans and gathering coffee expelled by wild Civet cats.
- Maya Earth Coffee: An organization dedicated to the sales and marketing of coffee grown by indigenous Mayan farmers in Guatemala.
- Cuatro Sombras: A Puerto Rican 100% Arabica coffee from Hacienda Santa Clara whose roots go back to the mid-1800’s.
Internet Coffee Equipment Vendors
- Whole Latte Love: One of the original Internet home coffee equipment vendors
- Chris’ Coffee Service: A commercial coffee equipment retailer who also sells high-end home equipment
Personal Websites and Blogs
- Bread, Coffee, Yoga, and Chocolate: if there’s a role model for coffee enthusiasts, it’s Fortune
- Espresso! My Espresso: Randy’s site has a stack of solid info on everything an espresso fan would want to know.
- God Shot: A blog from an officer of the Barista Guild of America.
- SCAA: Specialty Coffee Association of America. The industry group for real coffee. Join as a consumer-member
- NCA: National Coffee Association. The enemy. Industry group for Folgers, etc.
- Barista Guild of America: A new association formed by enthusiastic and knowledgeable professional baristas
- Roasters Guild: The association for professional craft roasters.
Information and Review Sites
- Coffee FAQ: Everything you ever wanted know about Coffee in a handy format.
- CoffeeGeek: Mark Prince’s site featuring equipment reviews and many consumer reviews
- Coffeeholic: Paul’s espresso equipment and grinder reviews for the home market and how to’s
- Coffee Review: Ken David’s popular monthly reviews of roast coffees
- Coffee History: Why are those goats dancing? The full history of Coffee…
- Schomer’s Table: A comprehensive guide to the coffee world.
- HV’s Comprehensive Coffee Links: One of the best coffee directories.
- The Coffee Research Organization: Useful information site on coffee basics including espresso
- Water FAQ: Jim’s article linking water quality with coffee and espresso